Resources for Service Bus Summer Camp
Here you can find links to anything I covered during my talk. If I missed anything or you have questions, you can post them in the comments to the gist below.
NServiceBus 6.0 will be completely async/await, and the rest of the .NET Framework is moving in this direction as well. Get a head start by watching our webinar series that show the ins and outs of async programming.
Have you tried and failed building systems with web services? Do you have the funny feeling that the way you’re building your systems isn’t right, but can’t put your finger on the reason?
In less than 90 pages, learn why web services (including RESTful services) do not scale, and other mistakes you should avoid when designing distributed system architecture. Dr. Harvey and the 8 Fallacies of Distributed Computing introduces each of the eight fallacies in a light-hearted manner, and then provides you with the knowledge to avoid making the mistakes that will lead to trouble down the road.
- My book Learning NServiceBus, Second Edition which covers NServiceBus 5.x
- Book: Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Native Integration: Sending from within the database
- Multi-Hosting Sample showing multiple transports in same process
- SQL Bridge Sample showing SQL transport subscribing to MSMQ events
- Download my slides