Last days have been quite stressful for me and I have been off from modding and coding for nearly two weeks now. I realised, most of that is caused by the fact that I have gone a bit too far with estimating my coding capabilities and having "promised" too many people to write their mods. I didn't want to break my promises, but unfortunately I have to. I'm also still just a
fox anthro human.
These are the projects I've been working on, or which I've promised to work on:
- Nature's Debris, a mod by me
- Debug Tools, another mod by me
- Some random platformer game by me
- Minesweeper++, a Minesweeper app for Android by me
- PTG, ShwUtil and ModUtil, some small useful libraries by me
- The Midnight, a popular mod by Cryptic Mushroom
- Marbles, a future mod by Dodo Gang
- Sizzle, another future mod by Dodo Gang
- A minecraft server project by a friend of mine
- Pottos and Grottos, a mod idea by TheCraftyGhost
- Valleys 'n' Vistas, a mod idea by YakiYuki
I really want to reduce things here and put some solid boundaries on what I will do and what not. So getting to the point, these are the projects I will definitely continue on:
- Nature's Debris (Fabric only ffs)
- Debug Tools
- The Midnight
- That platformer game and the engines that it depends on (ModL, Regulus)
- PTG, ShwUtil and ModUtil (these are essential for my other projects and I will maintain those which is only a little effort)
Other projects by me will be put on the backburner, will I ever decide to continue on them later. I'm very sorry to say it but I will abandon any other project that I did not mention above, whether I was about to do coding, assets or whatever else.
Notable is that I have been part of Team Hollow lately, quite solely for just fixing bugs and helping other coders there with more complex problems. I will continue to do this because it isn't that much work.
In addition to abandoning projects, I'm going to do less coding in general. Coding is nice, but I did it every day nearly the whole day, which is now really stressing me out. I've found other hobbies which I want to do more. I want to do more drawing in general, since I've been enjoying that a lot lately.
Oh yes, I also still have that server. I'm gonna clean this one up a lot because for a server of around 50 members it's layout is a bit exaggerated. I'll also no longer make it the server for Nature's Debris, but rather just a server to hang out with me. I might also instead make a new server but gotta think about that a bit more.
March 20, 2021