XDK Installation on Debian Wheezy (64-bit)
After installing the XDK, you may realize that it will NOT start. This is due to libc issues with the Node-webkit version installed along with the XDK. To solve this issue, we need to install a compatible version (easy way) or build the lastest node-webkit on our machine.
I only know of the easy way :-). So here it is.
- Install the XDK, if you have NOT. Take note of where it is installed. Most probably it will be:
- Download a compatible node-webkit version like this one
- Unpack the downloaded version using
- Copy everything unpacked in the newly created directory.
- Now go to the directory where XDK is installed. Look for the
bindirectory. It is
- Paste to replace the contents in this
It should now work.
If you know how to do it the hard way, please comment it out so I could add it here.