EDDN - Elite Dangerous Data Network
EDDN is moving to a new server. This document is intended for authors of software that uses EDDN (either as a sender or a listener) and describes the minimal changes that you will need to make to your software to ensure that it can still communicate with EDDN after August 9th 2017.
There are two related changes:
- The primary EDDN gateway and relay have moved to a new server. The old server will be decommissioned and its DNS record allowed to expire soon after August 9th.
- The EDDN schemas are being renamed to reflect that change, and so that they can be served from their canonical URIs.
Change the destination address for your messages from
$schemaRefproperty in your messages from
- And similarly for the
Software that does not contain these changes will cease to be able to send to EDDN on or shortly after August 9th.
- Change the address that you listen to from
- Accept both the old schemas and the new schema names. i.e. accept either
https://eddn.edcd.io/schemas/...in a message's
- Note that you will only start to receive messages with the new schema names after August 9th.