Learning How To Learn
Module 1 - What is Learning
Focused/Diffuse Modes Thinking
- Obviously ‘focused’ is when you’re concentrating. Direct approach to solving familiar problems.
- Focused: thoughts move through nicely-paved road of familiar notions (neural pattern looks very tight and directed).
- encompasses rational, sequential, analytical approaches to thinking
- Diffuse: More of a search function neural pattern. Thoughts move widely. More of a broad/big-picture perspective trying to connect ideas from different places.
- We’re always either in focused or diffuse mode of thinking.