Power tips for power people
- Text formatting with markdown
- Create cards by email
- Google Calendar Integration
- Pro Checklists with Trello
- Upload files from Google Drive
- Drag, drop, and paste attachments
- Keyboard Shortcuts
Markdown is super powerful. A breakdown of the most common uses is contained below. Full reference.
Bold text - Mark text in double asterisks, like
**this**, to make it bold.
Italic text - Mark text in single asterisks, like
*this*, or with underscores,
_this_, to make it italic.
Bullet point (unordered) list - Prefacing a line of text with a hyphen for each line will create an unordered list. For example:
- Item 1 - Item 2 - Item 3
- Item 1
- Item 2
- Item 3
Numbered list - Prefacing a line of text with a number at each line will create an ordered list. For example:
1. Item 1 2. Item 2 3. Item 3
- Item 1
- Item 2
- Item 3
Links - Create a link by putting the link text in brackets and the URL in parentheses, like
Embedded images - Embed an image by putting the link text in brackets and the image URL or path in parentheses, prefaced with an exclamation mark, like:
This works in card descriptions, but will not embed an image in a comment.
Indent text / Block Quotes - Indent text by including a “>” in front of each line of the text that you’d like to indent or quote.
> I have a dream
I have a dream
Headers — Add prepend hashes,
# Title ## Sub Title ### Sub Heading
- The Subject of the email becomes the card's title.
- The Body of the email becomes the card's description.
- Attachments in the email will be added to the card.
- Labels: In the subject, add #labelname, #labelcolor, or #labelnumber (Note: If your label consists of two or more words, in the subject line either join the words or use underscores between the words. For example, if your label is named "To Do" in the subject line of your email either enter #ToDo or #To_Do for the label to render properly on your card.)
- Members: In the subject, add @username. Members can also be added by putting @username in the body of the email on its own line. If you send an email to Trello and include other Trello users' email addresses as "to" or "CC" addresses, Trello will add them as members of the card as well.
- Copy the iCalendar URL from Trello
- Open Google Calendar
- On the left side, choose "Other calendars" > "Add by URL" > Copy && Paste.
- Make a card that represents the work to be done for the checklist item
- Add members and due date to the card
- Copy the card URL into the checklist item. This will automatically be formatted into a "Trello-ified" link so you can easily read the card title.
- Open a card, click “Attach file…” in the sidebar
- select “Dropbox” or “Google Drive”.
- Add your file
Drag, drop, and paste attachments
Pressing the arrow keys will select adjacent cards on a board. Pressing “j” will select the card below the current card. Pressing “k” will select the card above the current card.
Pressing “c” will archive a card.
Open Card Filter Menu
Use “f” to open the card filter menu. The search by title input is automatically focused.
Add / Remove Members
Pressing “m” opens the add / remove members menu. Clicking a member’s avatar will assign or unassign that person.