📄 AsyncAPI Docs update (August 2022)
As an Open-Source (OSS) contributor, I volunteer to write periodic updates about the AsyncAPI Docs ecosystem.
🦄 This is Ale's personal summary
I want to note that this is not an official AsyncAPI Initiative update, but a personal summary I'm volunteering to write up for the OSS community. The goal is to let you know what's going on in the Docs area and how the Docs area has been teaming with other areas within the AsyncAPI Initiative. 😀👍🏽
📢 AsyncAPI GSoD 2022: UPDATE
Let's talk about what our GSoD interns have been up to this month! ✨✨✨
- 🧕🏾 Anisat Akinbani worked on... improving the Getting Started quickstart via
/websitePR #825 but via community feedback soon realized the initial idea to change it no longer made sense. She then picked up a NEW tutorial, "How to validate AsyncAPI files".
- 💁🏾♀️ Florence Njeri teamed with... 💁🏾♂️ Pratik on finally starting the Generator Docs! Florence added documentation for the AsyncAPI specification file via this PR She already underwent a first round of reviews, addressed the feedback, and a second round of review has already begun .
- 👩🏽💻 Karuna worked on... writing the NEW tutorial, "How to render docs for AsyncAPI": asyncapi/website#881.
- 👨🏿💻 Nelson Michael... requested some time off to address family concerns and as such, took a break in his work. Good news is he's doing better and has started working again on the next draft for the NEW
ConceptDocs page for the producer spec term.
- 👩🏿💻 Thulie worked on... addressing a LOT of technical feedback she received for her diagram and writing in the NEW
ConceptDocs page for the server spec term. We should congratulate her because she finally passed the technical round of reviews! Now she just has to undergo a tiny editorial review and soon her Doc will go LIVE!
🎉 2022 AsyncAPI Conference & GSoD Interns
Heyo! 2022 AsyncAPI Conference is coming right around the corner and I had the privilege of volunteering to handle the CfP review process, talk acceptance based on tallying votes, and teaming with the Linux Foundation so that the eventual schedule is added to the AsyncAPI conference website. Stay tuned, because the CfP review process is complete and the conference schedule should go LIVE pretty soon! We're also excited to share that our GSoD interns all volunteered to help review the CfPs! In addition, each GSoD intern ALSO submitted their own CfPs for our conference this year! We are so excited to welcome these new community members into our event and learn from their talks later this year.
Until the Linux Foundation is able to upload the schedule to the platform, here's a sneak peak at what the schedule is looking like...
❤️ Thanking our Contributors
A BIG thank you 🤗 to all of our OSS contributors; without you, there would be no OSS initiative! 😄🎉
🙏🏽 Contributors Needed
There is always something to do for OSS Docs, and it's no different for us! 😄
If you'd like to get involved, pick up an issue from our AsyncAPI GH Board.
That's it for now! -A.Q. 👩🏻💻 y Canela 🐕🦺