When JSLint hurts your feelings, hug it out with Doug.
- There are some situations that are difficult to distinguish mechanically, so I now consider all of those cases problematic, even when they are not obviously wrong.
- You should be coding for readability and error resistance.
- The place to express yourself in programming is in the quality of your ideas, and the efficiency of execution. The role of style is the same as in literature. A great writer doesn't express himself by putting the spaces before his commas instead of after, or by putting extra spaces inside his parentheses.
- Many people think they have good reasons for doing things badly.
- [The purpose of JSLint is not to make you feel good about inadequate coding standards.](http://tech.groups.y