Title: Prelaunch Protocol
Author: Allen A. Bargi
Date: June 17, 2010
Version: 1.0.0 Copyright: 2010 Allen A. Bargi.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/ CSS: http://github.com/aziz/parsmark/raw/master/stylesheets/mmd.css
- HTML documents all validated
- Meta data has been included and is appropriate
- Page Title are descriptive and SEO friendly
- 404 and 500 Error Pages are customized
- add analytics scripts
- Optimize all your images with a image cruncher.
imageoptim is recommended on Mac.
- Make image sprites for your images. using spriteme bookmaklet is recommended.
Rails Specific Steps
- Use some sort of exception notifier
- Optimize your database indexes. using findex gem is highly recommended.
Web Server Specific Steps
- Turn on gzip
- Print CSS and Mobile CSS
- sitemap.xml is generated and robot.txt is customized.
sitemap could be a good tool for rails
- check out your yslow and page speed page scores
- Use rack-chromeframe middleware to transparently support chromeframe.
- what should be done before each deploy
- how to automate these steps with capistrano