Who am I
Developer Point of View.
Testim is an E2E functional test recording and playback tool. We automate the hard parts of end to end testing which are stability and fast authoring. In addition we provide a lot of useful root-cause analysis information for your tests.
Some examples of tasks developers got in the last year:
- Add support for mocked network requests in the playback tool.
- Work on automatically grouping different user actions into resuable components (clustering).
- Add support for shadow-dom in the recording tool.
Our development culture includes the following tools:
- All our frontend is covered in E2E tests (we dogfood).
- Culture that is very much in favor of testing (obviously).
- CI runs the tests on every PR (should be obvious but worth mentioning).
- Our deployment is in AWS with EKS (and a few other things like Redis and Elasticsearch) - our biggest DB is in Mongo Atlas.
- CircleCI for CI.
- Node.js logs in Elasticsearch with Elastic APM for error tracking.
- Open Source is encouraged, a lot of developers in Testim are involved or authored open-source projects. We also maintain a few open source packages on NPM for example.
- We work in sprints (usually 2 weeks).
Some random notes about the frontend:
- React.js code (with MobX) and old AngularJS code (we are migrating away from but still have plenty of).