Lead Front-End Developer
Who We Are
Stratasan is a Nashville-based company that provides intelligence on healthcare markets to hospital strategists, physician offices, community care experts, and others. We aggregate healthcare data, curate it, and provide reports and tools that aid healthcare decision-making. As an example, we give guidance to our clients looking to place a new acute care clinic.
Why You Should Talk To Us
- We are an early stage company, so your skills and guidance have an immediate impact on the company's direction.
- We have interesting challenges aggregating, curating, and securing billions of records of healthcare data.
- We do our best to follow the tenets of 12 Factor Apps.
- We have built our products on the open source stack, and we contribute back when we are able. Our team is heavily involved in the local Python community user group, PyNash. We have been regular sponsors and attendees of PyCon North America and PyTennessee.
- Our employees have a healthy work-life balance.
- Our development team has flexible working arrangements (e.g., avoid high-traffic hours and working from home once a week).
- Pick your machine. As long as it's not Windows. (Just kidding. Mostly.)
What We're Looking For
- An experienced developer that has worked on the front-end (CSS/JS/HTML) for several projects.
- Some familiarity with the React/Redux pattern would be helpful.
- Familiarity with the limitations of some browsers.
- Familiarity with the web stack, particularly interacting with REST APIs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Some experience with Python/Django would be great, but not required.
- Lead our efforts to make sure our application is intuitive and friendly to our users.
- Libraries we use: React/Redux, jQuery, Backbone.js.
- Work with the development team to develop products against a REST API.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members.
- Oversee front-end architecture and code completed by other members of the team and review for standards and quality.
- Create user-friendly interactions for data analysis, including interactive data visualizations (graphs and flowcharts).
- Write automated unit tests to ensure quality work and prevent introduction of regressions.
Technologies We Use
If you don't have any experience in any of the following, we would still love to talk. It's more important that you are familiar with the web application stack in general than specific libraries.
- PostgreSQL (and PostGIS)
- Amazon Web Services (Specifically EC2, EBS, S3, and Redshift)
As always, pay is generally based on level of experience, but we expect this position to land in the $70-110k range.
How To Reach Us
If this sounds like a position that would be interesting to you email us our CTO at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us a plain-text resume and a way we can contact you. If you have a GitHub or StackOverflow account, feel free to include that. Tell us about other projects you've worked on and enjoyed.