This position has been filled for now - sorry!
Hey, you junior-level developer with a love of learning! Let’s work together!
Since I can’t say too much publicly about the fun consumer-facing projects we’re building here at The Greatest Good, let me tell about our values.
Love what you do - If we don’t consistently love our work and coming into the office, something is broken. We proactively work to identify and eliminate those problems to keep the love alive.
Always be learning - I’m frequently the dumbest guy in the room here. It’s awesome. If hearing phrases like “chi-squared distribution” or “k-means clustering” sets your heart a-flutter, we might be perfect for each other.
Constant transparency - We approach building products with a pragmatic, agile mindset. Primarily, this means a level of trust and transparency that’s often hard to find elsewhere. No egos and no agendas other than building the best products we can.
There’s much more I can say about us, but I’d rather tell you in-person.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working directly with me to hack on a variety of projects primarily for the web. Our projects tend to have tough problems and large exposure, so you'll constantly be on the cutting edge of software.
- Using a variety of tools and languages but primarily Clojure to write expressive, well-tested, and production-ready code.
- Seeking and sharing knowledge constantly with our peers and at local events.
What You Should Bring
- Familiarity with working and programming on *nix / OSX.
- Fearless learning about new problems, new languages, and new techniques.
- Code samples and activity on Github.
- Positive attitude. No whining.
What You Get in Return
- A competitive salary.
- A casual work environment.
- Encouragement and support to speak at local and national conferences.
- All the benefits you would typically expect in a job.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and a link to your Github account to me at MYLASTNAME@greatestgood.com.
Looking forward to meeting you!
-Scott Parker | Chief Engineer, The Greatest Good