Freelance/Contract Front End Developer
PANDR are a small web design and development agency in Norwich, UK. We pride ourselves on the design and execution of beautiful and useable websites and applications. Our goal is always to exceed our clients expectations.
We're looking to enlist the services of really really (really!) talented front end developer for a 2 month period. You'll be working in partnership with a Ruby engineer, on a large code base (version controlled with Git), to deliver a beautiful interface for a client application. You'll also have the ability to work internally on PANDR projects too.
You should be passionate about:
You should be very strong on all of the following:
- HTML/CSS – not a web designer, but extremely good at implementing markup
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Progressive Enhancement / Graceful Degradation, Responsive layout, fluid layout, etc
- Version control (we use Git)
- Keep it Simple, Stupid! (KISS)
- Ruby on Rails
- Experience of Model-View-Controller (MVC) coding patterns
- Know your way around a command line
Bonus points for skills in:
- HTML5 sexy-ness (e.g. websockets, canvas)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Knowing the difference between TDD and BDD (not Bacon Driven Development - although we strongly believe in this too)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS e.g. S3, EC2)
- Mobile web (jQuery mobile or similar)
- Experience working with the Facebook and Twitter APIs
What we look for in new PANDRs:
(Without this sounding like a profile for a dating agency) We'd love to meet someone who is as thoughtful as us when it comes to user experience. Your ability to ask the right questions about designs and specs upfront, helps us to solve problems as a team. This mentality relies on you being able work with both technical and non-technical folks, both internally and externally.
Your understanding that winning comes as a result of building simple and sustainable systems. Knowing that adding a new feature often means refactoring old code puts you ahead of your compadres. Your carefully thought out execution today means we can code faster, as a team, tomorrow.
Execution is key and is what separates web agencies from OMFG incredible companies.
Other stuff we're into (like a dating profile):
- Music - We built and help run The 405 and Rakkit
- Cycling - Sometimes we do silly stuff like cycle to Barcelona, Copenhagen, Paris or Brighton
- Beer & Hacking - We run the Norwich Ruby User Group
- Pool - We've got a table in the studio. So long as you're not better than Pete, otherwise he'll sulk!
Compensation and hours:
We're looking for someone to work 30 - 40 hours per week You don't have to live in Norwich but, if you do, you can work from our lovely studio in Colegate An hourly rate will be based on your experience and commitment level
Getting in touch:
Email us at email@example.com with your C.V, work examples and general sales pitch.