technical illustration commission
Why should you hire me over some other rando
- I have a technical background (I am literally an engineer). You can "work with me" (aka dictate your desires) to the extent that you want to, but I can also run with whatever you throw at me and actually write teaching/explanatory content (which is the hard part!) Any illustrator can draw what you tell them to, but can they dream up of shockingly niche and deeply relatable distributed system memes?
- I have a pretty big technical following on twitter and am part of a sketchnotes collective that will spread awareness your things by shouting about them at folks who would actually find it interesting
- I will absolutely use your commission dollars ONLY for wholesome purposes, such as buying local vegetables, or expanding my rack into aid-climbing gear
What are my services?
Conference sketchnotes! samples
ON THE FLY live sketchnotes of technical talks at conferences. I will post them literally the moment folks start clapping. I find these are wildly beloved by confs and communities and make great speaker gifts.
I can help enhance your slide decks, or create explanatory content
I <3 open source (: let's talk, I prefer collab-style when helping out with open source communities!
for now just contact me and we'll figure something out with your budget constraints and my time constraints :D
samples & portfolios
- a potpourri of conference sketchnotes and other spontaneous comics
- I illustrated for this for this ebook we wrote about observability
- a smol zine collective (work in progress)