DeepAI is driven by the belief that the most exciting future for humanity is one where everyday-tasks are handled by A.I. Today, DeepAI actively develops an A.I. agent that anyone can teach to perform visual recognition tasks with the ultimate goal of putting a physical A.I. agent into the hands of the masses.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - FRONTEND (San Francisco, CA)
As DeepAI’s first frontend engineering hire, you will shape the user-centric interface that world-class engineers are using everyday to interact with our A.I. agent. You will work closely with DeepAI’s founders to execute towards a 10+ year mission while shipping production-ready features to customers each week. From top planetary scientists and aerospace engineers, to 10-year old children, users will marvel at the simplicity and usability of the interfaces you help to create. Your work will set a new global standard for the way humans interact with an A.I. agent and shape the path the industry takes forward.
Machine learning experience or an understanding of neural networks is not required to be successful with us. Rather, we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving difficult problems and want to make an impact.
- Create aesthetically and functionally flawless experiences for users.
- Develop a well-architected, responsive, and performant web application.
- Implement technologies across the full stack.
- Interface with DeepAI’s founders & engineers to plan and organize the development of new features.
- Solve difficult engineering problems both thoughtfully and quickly.
- Influence what we build and how we build it with creativity and technical expertise.
- Prioritize tasks and requirements for creating new and existing functionality.
- Manage the release cycle and feature roadmap of the interface in the face of dynamic requirements and evolving data.
- Experience developing software interfaces with a strong focus user experience.
- 3+ years of software development experience (professional OR non-professional) OR Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline and 2+ years software development experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A world-class understanding of user experience design principles and the ability to contribute in design sessions.
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks such as React, Vue, or Angular.
- Experience with vector graphics and web animations, including SVG, HTML5 Canvas, WebGL, and CSS.
- Familiarity with the entire web stack.
- Understanding of browser's rendering pipeline, web workers, or WebAssembly.
- Excellent leadership skills (both leading yourself and others)
- An interest in growing with our team and company overtime to become a technology leader within our organization.
- Must provide work samples and/or link to portfolio.
- Willing and able to work in-person with the team Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays with the option of being remote during the rest of the week.
DeepAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with DeepAI is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org