DeepAI is driven by the belief that the most exciting future for humanity is one where everyday-tasks are handled by A.I. Today, DeepAI actively develops an A.I. agent that anyone can teach to perform visual recognition tasks with the ultimate goal of putting a physical A.I. agent into the hands of the masses.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - BACKEND (San Francisco, CA)
As DeepAI’s first backend engineering hire, you will shape the systems & device-side applications that manage every aspect of our A.I. agent behind-the-scenes. World-class engineers will rely on your systems to work flawlessly everyday. You will work closely with DeepAI’s founders to execute towards a 10+ year mission while regularly shipping production-ready systems, new functionality, and upgrades to existing infrastructure. From top planetary scientists and aerospace engineers, to 10-year old children, users will marvel at the seamless functionality of the systems you help to create without ever knowing they are there. Your work will set a new global standard for the experience of working with an A.I. agent and shape the path the industry takes forward. Machine learning experience or an understanding of neural networks is not required to be successful with us. Rather, we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving difficult problems and want to make an impact.
- Develop highly reliable, scalable, and resource-efficient systems to manage neural network training, deployment, inference, and surrounding data engineering tasks.
- Implement technologies that work across environments (remote servers, local servers, and certain edge devices)
- Participate in architecture design and code reviews.
- Solve difficult engineering problems both thoughtfully and quickly.
- Influence what we build and how we build it with creativity and technical expertise.
- Prioritize tasks and requirements for creating new and existing systems.
- Manage the release cycle and feature roadmap of engineering systems in the face of dynamic requirements and evolving data.
- Programming experience with Python, Java, Go, or similar object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience developing software systems with a strong focus architecture design and scalability.
- 3+ years of software development experience (professional OR non-professional) OR Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline and 2+ years software development experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expert-level knowledge of Python.
- A world-class understanding of software systems architecture, reliability, and scalability.
- Experience working deep learning frameworks like pytorch or tensorflow.
- Familiarity with linux based systems for common processors and microcontrollers.
- Excellent leadership skills (both leading yourself and others)
- An interest in growing with our team and company overtime to become a technology leader within our organization.
- Must provide work samples and/or link to portfolio.
- Willing and able to work in-person with the team Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays with the option of being remote during the rest of the week.
DeepAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with DeepAI is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org