Walmart Labs | Software Engineer, All Levels
Extremely competitive compensation package | Portland, OR / Sunnyvale, CA / Remote (USA only ) | Full Time, Contract to Hire
- Full stack developers: Node.js, React, Typescript
- Native Mobile developers: iOS, Android
- DevOps CI/CD toolchain engineer
Are you a passionate engineer with a thirst to build quality software that impacts millions of people? We are the Digital Acceleration team at Walmart Labs, and we share your enthusiasm! Walmart’s mobile apps and website are used daily by millions of customers. As a member of the DA team, you'll be deeply involved with creating novel features that make customer’s lives easier by linking digital and physical shopping experiences.
Our team is energized and expanding rapidly- we are on the forefront of the battle for the future of retail. You'll be working shoulder-to-shoulder with a top-notch and diverse group of iOS, Android and services developers. The team is still small enough to feel intimate, but driven by a Fortune 1 company determined to lead the pack in eCommerce. Join us at our Portland, OR or Sunnyvale, CA offices. Remote workers considered for some roles.
If we have your attention, show us your skills by completing this Hacker Rank challenge (http://hr.gs/walmartlabs-hn-test). Remember that you have only 90 minutes to complete it, and you are only allowed one submission. We will follow up with the top-scorers at the end of each week.
Not convinced yet? Here is more about our development culture and products we work on:
- Excellent remote working culture: decisions are made via video call, Slack and Pull Requests: not at the water cooler.
- Dynamic processes: every sub-team defines its own processes, with sane defaults provided at the team level. Everyone has a voice and can change how we work and the tools we use.
- Modern languages and open-source technologies help us ship features that customers and devs love quickly: Kotlin, Swift, Node.js, React, Preact to name a few.
- Web engineers leverage CI/CD pipelines, high test coverage and a clear PR process to deploy changes with confidence.
- Native mobile engineers ship frequently: up to once per week.
- Weekly tech-talks and hack-time
- Latest MacBook Pro workstations
Our team proudly builds digital features that make our customers’ lives easier whether they are shopping online or in one of our 4,500+ stores. The features we build are used by 43% of Walmart mobile app users currently, and we aim to grow that number quickly. Here are some of our noteworthy products:
- Walmart Pay has grown 400% year over year (https://www.walmart.com/cp/walmart-pay/3205993)
- Instore Maps helps customers find what they are looking for.
- Store Assistant usage has grown 10x year over year (https://blog.walmart.com/innovation/20180208/your-shopping-trip-just-got-easier-with-this-new-store-assistant)
- Order Ahead saves customers time by letting them order custom cakes online (www.walmart.com/cake)
- Store Pages leverages ML to provide live busyness scores (www.walmart.com/store)
- Pickup: Making customer’s lives easier: order online and pickup at the store FOR FREE. (https://www.walmart.com/cp/store-pickup/2281929)
- Express Returns (https://news.walmart.com/2017/10/09/walmart-reinvents-the-returns-process)
Why is Walmart the place to work right now?
Over 90% of Americans live within 10 miles of a Walmart store, and 20 million people shop in the 4500+ Walmart stores every day. As such, no one else is better positioned to deliver the best, most seamless shopping experience, in-store and online, and that's exactly what our team is set up to deliver.