Hey there, I'm out of office for the Thanksgiving holiday. While you wait for me to get back to you, check out these ten awesome initiatives from my colleagues across the federal government:
- The General Services Administration's Fine Arts program has a trove of public art. Search the database and find some art near you!
- Speaking of art, the Bureau of Reclamation commissioned dozens of works of art in the 1960s. Check out the works they commissioned on their website.
- The National Ice Core Lab in Lakewood, CO contains samples of ice from deep in the earth's surface. It's pretty much the closest thing we have to time travel.
- Help your relatives stay safe if their identity is stolen on the Federal Trade Commission's IdentityTheft.gov.
- There's a presidential transition underway, learn more about how the transition works.
- Commemorate Thanksgiving by researching your ancestry at the National Archives.
- Learn about the past, present, and future of mail from the Post Office's Inspector General.
- Know a fourth grader? Tell them to get their pass on Every Kid in a Park.
- Worried about how stay safe from zombies, or other (real) public health emergencies? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has you covered.
- Finally, if you're worried about how to not burn your house down while making your turkey this year, the Consumer Products Safety Commission has you covered. (See also, fireworks safety.)
If you need to immediately get in touch with a member of the 18F team, please email 18F@gsa.gov.