This is how I quickly got an Apache Zepplin notebook running against the AWS Glue Dev endpoint. None of the guides out there seemed concise, and I found some custom Docker containers doing what you can do easily. This gives you the power - it sets up port forwarding & runs the official Docker image.
- Create your Glue Dev endpoint (this involves creating a keypair, I just used
- Once READY, select it and copy the "SSH tunnel to remote interpreter"
- eg: ssh -i <private-key.pem> -vnNT -L :9007:169.254.76.1:9007 glue@..compute.amazonaws.com
- Connect to the endpoint in a terminal session, modifying the above to match:
ssh -i ~/.ssh/glue-dev -vnNT -L :9007:*127.0.0.1*:9007 glue@<ec2-endpoint>.<region>.compute.amazonaws.com
- Run the Apache Zepplin Docker container `docker run -p 8080:8080 --rm -v $PWD/logs:/logs -v $PWD/notebook:/notebook -e ZEPPELIN_LOG_DIR='/l