$1.2 million is almost equal to an entire month's revenue.
With two small tweaks to our website could help drive this kind of money.
No extra sales guy or new pricing model required.
Information architecture (IA) is the art and science of organizing and labelling websites, intranets, online communities and software to support usability. --Wikipedia
It means you actually make sure people find what they are looking for when they are looking for it on your site.
Because currently no one owns information architecture at Heroku. We have many sites with many owners, but no one owning a clear strategy of what goes where.
Because our #1 priority is increasing revenue, and IA affects who sees the products and services that earn us that revenue.
- Unique visitors: 36,038
- Leads: 578
- Conversion rate: 1.6%
- Closed: 64
- Close rate: 11.1%
- Unique visitors to Heroku.com in same period: 2,738,469
- Unique visitors sent to the Critical Apps Page from Heroku.com: 35.303
- So 1.2% of people who visit Heroku.com actually see this page.
So, if we do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to this page and just double the number of people who see it (2.4%), sales could potentially close $785,040 more a year.
- six Devops engineers, according to salary data from indeed.com.
- 49,065 bags of Blue Bottle coffee.
![on the pricing page][img src="https://skitch.com/michellegreer/e2j92/screen-shot-2012-10-16-at-7.40.45-pm"]
![dropdowns FTW][img src="https://skitch.com/michellegreer/e2knu/screen-shot-2012-10-16-at-8.16.17-pm"]
- YTD Unique visitors: 76,000
- Account creation: 746
- YTD Paid DBs: 324
- $34,000 in Monthly Recurring Revenue.
- $410,400 in Annual Revenue.
- Referred visits from Heroku.com: 23,574
- .7% of people who visit Heroku.com actually see this page.
By exposing just .7% more people to postgres.heroku.com, we could potentially pay for four more designers. These are leads closed ON THE WEBSITE, with no human interaction whatsoever.
![dropdowns FTW!][img src="https://skitch.com/michellegreer/e2kn5/screen-shot-2012-10-16-at-8.20.38-pm"]
- Unique visitors: 3,814
- Leads: 111
- Converted: 0
- Close rate: 0
- Unique visitors to Heroku.com in same period: 382,850
- 1% of the people who visit Heroku.com actually see this page.
1% of people who visit heroku.com are exposed to a product that we dedicate an entire team of engineers to build!
The page for this offering was built in one week by a very strapped front end team. Let's give it some love! Each and every closed lead = $1k a month and $12k in annual revenue.
[sweet! It's the same dropdown][img src="https://skitch.com/michellegreer/e2kdb/screen-shot-2012-10-16-at-8.20.38-pm"]
- Heroku.com gets five times as many visits as the Heroku ads we put on Stack Overflow. One of these we pay for. One of these is free.