I'm trying to decide which of these two I want to learn right now. I'll probably end up doing both but can't invest at the moment.
- The JVM is a fast, stable platform
- Ease of web app deployment (Heroku, etc)
- LISP, macros
- Good package manager
- Java libraries available
- Ridiculously long startup time (useless for scripts)
- Lack of types
- Less popular on Github
- Type system
- Fast start up (+ runghci)
- "If it compiles, it does what you want."
- Longer history
- More popular on Github
- Compiles to native code which makes it more difficult to deploy Haskell apps on things like Heroku
- Horrible package manager