How to succeed in class:
- Take initiative.
- Ask for help.
- Practice, practice, practice.
Let's all agree to:
- Treat each other with respect
- Avoid bringing distractions into class
- Participate in class
- Be on video during class
- Open safe environment, safe to ask questions, safe to fail (that's how we learn fastest!)
- Take ownership of your experience
- Check your ego at the door
- Empathy for your fellow students and support staff
- Be courteous calm and patient with others, and ourselves! Don't let the stress get to you!
- Don't compare yourself to others, compare yourself to who you were yesterday
Mentorship / Collaborative Culture in the Classroom
- Take care of each other
- Benchmarking: some are good at one thing, others at another. Leverage each other's strengths.
- Teaching is the best way of truly solidifying your understanding of a concept. Help your classmates.
- Your classmates will be the best foundation for establishing a professional network in tech! They are your support network and programming friends beyond the class.
How To Succeed in a Remote Environment
- No distractions during class. This means no cell phones or other distractions around. Act as if you are physically in the classroom.
- Make sure to speak up and speak out about any problems you are having! Don't be afraid to ask questions during class! Someone else is probably having this same issue!
- Make use of office hours!
- Hold yourself accountable. Don't let yourself fall behind!
Group Work Formats
We will be using breakout rooms to get more personalized learning environments. Make sure to get to know your classmates and use eachother as teachers!