This will help you nominate "Pia Mancini" for the "RedHat 2019 Women in #OpenSource Award"
Step 1: Click here and click "Nominate Now"
Step 2: Fill out the form using the info below (feel free to edit it if you want/need)
If needed, see screenshots for help/context:
- https://cl.ly/a63800b7c197 (Skip phone number prompt)
- https://cl.ly/5a35b56309de (Tell us more about contributions...)
- https://cl.ly/f8ba0dfe6fa1 (Nominator Information)
"Nominee Personal Information"
Other, please describe
Sustainability, Event Organizer
Include specific examples where possible, and share some highlights from the past year.
- Successfully organized Sustain Summit 2018 (sustainoss.org, https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23sustainoss&src=typd)
- Launched https://backyourstack.com/
- Drupal partnership https://twitter.com/kattekrab/status/1039085737411600384
- "Triplebyte is giving every user on our platform $100 to donate to their favorite open source software (OSS) project" https://triplebyte.com/blog/creating-a-new-source-of-revenue-for-open-source-software
In five bullets or less, describe what the nominee hopes to accomplish in the next year and beyond?
- Sustain Summit 2019 - Asia or Africa
- Continue to advocate for Open Source maintainers
- Spread the "sustainer" definition: "sustainer—the individual or organization who is concerned with the fragile state and future of highly-used and impactful open source projects"
What inspired the nominee to get involved in open source?
Upgrading democracy in Argentina - https://www.ted.com/talks/pia_mancini_how_to_upgrade_democracy_for_the_internet_era?language=en
How many years has the nominee been active in open source?
Anything else we should know about the nominee?
Co-Founder of Open Collective, Co-Founder (now Chair) of DemocracyEarth Foundation, a YCombinator backed collaborative decision-making platform (DemocracyOS). Political scientist by training, peer and co-founder of Partido de la Red (The Net Party), World Economic Forum Young Global Leader, Former Chief of Advisors Deputy Secretary of Political Affairs, Government of the City of Buenos Aires. Institute for the Future for Good Fellow, The X-Lab Fellow.
Provide links if the nominee has an online presence (e.g. website, blog, social media):
Step 3: Share!