Use Case: Name of Use Case
- List of all actors involved in the use case
- Each actor should be distinct
- Generalize to User and System before getting specific
- Refer to each actor exactly as listed here through the rest of the document
Provide a brief overview (~paragraph) of what the use case includes. Roughly equivalent to a user story or an epic.
Used Use Cases
- List of Use Cases that this use case touches or relies on
- Can also include the flow for the Used Use Case
- A list of conditions that must be true when the use case starts
- think of these as assumptions that must be true for the use case to start
- Classic example: "The User is logged in."
A list of conditions that must be true when the use case ends, regardless of scenario.
Needs to be dead simple. List of primary flow(s) for the use case.
- Presented in Actor does Action format.
- Walks through the entire flow, start to finish.
- Should read very dry, not superfluous language.
- Exceptions should be listed here, but may also provide a brief description.
An activity diagram of the flow of events, or some significant or complex part of the flow of events.
Include storyboards / screen mocks
If you don’t have separate documents for Exceptions, you might include sequence diagrams for them here
This can include references to the subsystem the Use Case belongs to, an analysis model, a design model, code or test plans.