- Evangelist ... meetups, write, write, write (Brian)
- Community Manager ... talk talk talk
- Kevin & Matthew
- Nils? Manuel?
- CEO - ME ... only doing people related things
- Director - Kevin
- Get on react & vuejs consulting
- Thomas write articles on vuejs
- Release Ylem yesterday
- Start getting creative. 5 hrs a week toward learning, building tools, tech debt.
- what would amplify those feelings
- ownership ... that he could complete
- Adam L Barrett - Onboard
- Adri De La Cuadra
- Bradley Momberger
- Chasen - maybish ... what would amplify - ownership
- Michael - into it
- Mike Mitchel
- Ryan Wilson
5 hrs / week
- if you aren't learning you are dead
~6.5 weeks a year.
OS Project rankings:
- Depends on standardized technology. Example: ECMAScript
- Depends on ubiqutous, commercially unafiliated open source technology. Example: jQuery
- Depends on ubiqutous, commercially affiliated open source technology. Example: React
- Depends on non-ubiqutous, commercially unafiliated open source technology. Example: KefirJS
- Depends on non-ubiqutous, commercially affiliated open source technology. Example: FeathersJS
- Client willing to pay for partial development
- Client using technology
- Other clients using technology
- Voted for
- Has 2 partners
Suggestions to work on
- teach other people how frameworks work
- want folks to have something special about them
- will upgrade clients
WRITING > SPEAKING
Move everything under "Bitovi".
To Bitovi's clients
To Bitovi's wonderful clients,
Thank you for the opputunity to build things. When I founded Bitovi, it was after leaving Accenture. There I had a vision for a different type of consulting company. One that celebrated technology, competency, etc ... instead of the sale.
- where people could learn to be masters of their craft, share code, etc.
That might have been a vision I exected for myself instead of others.
No more writing code. We are going to create an environment where other, like-minded developers and designers can do the same thing.
We've been half heartedly trying to do this for years. Developers could
- take time off from client work.
- get rewarded for open source contributions.
But it's not enough. We need to get our people the time to:
- become an expert
- help our clients solve complex problems
- share those solutions with other clients, bitovians and the larger community
So over the next 6 months, everyone at Bitovi will migrate to working 35 hours a week and 5 hours a week on side projects.
- we also need folks to upgrade! Folks have to be on the latest code if they are going to move technology forward.