You can clone with
luis@Feather ~[ruby-1.8.7-p334]$ gem env
- RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.8.5
- RUBY VERSION: 1.8.7 (2011-02-18 patchlevel 334) [i686-darwin10.7.0]
- INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: /Users/luis/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p334
- RUBY EXECUTABLE: /Users/luis/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.8.7-p334/bin/ruby
- EXECUTABLE DIRECTORY: /Users/luis/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p334/bin
- RUBYGEMS PLATFORMS:
- GEM PATHS:
- GEM CONFIGURATION:
- :update_sources => true
- :verbose => true
- :benchmark => false
- :backtrace => false
- :bulk_threshold => 1000
- "gem" => "--no-ri --no-rdoc"
- REMOTE SOURCES:
luis@Feather ~[ruby-1.8.7-p334]$ gem update --system 1.3.7
Fetching: rubygems-update-1.3.7.gem (100%)
Successfully installed rubygems-update-1.3.7
Installing RubyGems 1.3.7
RubyGems 1.3.7 installed
=== 1.3.7 / 2010-05-13
http://rubygems.org is now the default source for downloading gems.
You may have sources set via ~/.gemrc, so you should replace
http://gems.rubyforge.org with http://rubygems.org
http://gems.rubyforge.org will continue to work for the forseeable future.
* `gem` commands
* `gem install` and `gem fetch` now report alternate platforms when a
matching one couldn't be found.
* `gem contents` --prefix is now the default as specified in --help. Bug
#27211 by Mamoru Tasaka.
* `gem fetch` can fetch of old versions again. Bug #27960 by Eric Hankins.
* `gem query` and friends output now lists platforms. Bug #27856 by Greg
* `gem server` now allows specification of multiple gem dirs for
documentation. Bug #27573 by Yuki Sonoda.
* `gem unpack` can unpack gems again. Bug #27872 by Timothy Jones.
* `gem unpack` now unpacks remote gems.
* --user-install is no longer the default. If you really liked it, see
Gem::ConfigFile to learn how to set it by default. (This change was made
* RubyGems now has platform support for IronRuby. Patch #27951 by Will Green.
* Require rubygems/custom_require if --disable-gem was set. Bug #27700 by
* RubyGems now protects against exceptions being raised by plugins.
* rubygems/builder now requires user_interaction. Ruby Bug #1040 by Phillip
* Gem::Dependency support #version_requirements= with a warning. Fix for old
Rails versions. Bug #27868 by Wei Jen Lu.
* Gem::PackageTask depends on the package dir like the other rake package
tasks so dependencies can be hooked up correctly.
RubyGems installed the following executables:
RubyGems system software updated