Hi ServerlessDays speaker!
Here are the instructions for joining our conference on May 8th. Please read them through carefully so the experience on the conference day will be as smooth as possible. Another email will follow, which contains the exact time you need to be online during the conference.
There are three actions we ask you to do now:
- Read this entire message, yes, all of it!
- Send us your prerecorded session before Friday if you haven't done so already.
- Connect with our co-organizer, Marc Duiker, on Skype: m.duiker_1
We're managing the MC, and speaker webcam feeds & screen sharing in one group call using Skype.
Ensure your computer has:
- A working webcam.
- A working microphone.
- Skype installed, and you're logged in.
- If you haven't used Skype before, then first be thankful, and second familiarize yourself with:
- how you can mute/unmute,
- start/stop screen sharing,
- show the chat while being in a call.
- If you have a second monitor, we recommend putting Skype on one monitor and your presentation/demo on the other.
- If you're planning to do live coding and show your IDE or console, make sure you use a large font or zoom in.
- Before joining the call, ensure your notifications are off.
- If your physical environment allows it, try to have a neutral background without distractions. The Blur Background option in Skype is not the best for image quality.
- Regarding clothing: refrain from wearing clothes with graphics or statements that violate our Code of Conduct. We also recommend to avoiding shirts with dense patterns of stripes or dots.
We're happy to assist if you want to do a test call/short dry run with us before the actual conference day.
During the conference
- +/-15 minutes before your session starts, you will be added to the Skype group call. The group consists of two MCs and the Tech.
- The Tech will do a brief audio & video test with you.
- The MCs announce your session and welcome you.
- Your session starts, either we start your prerecorded session, or you perform it live.
- After the session, there are 5 minutes of live Q&A with you and the MCs.
- After the Q&A, the MCs thank you, and you leave the Skype call.
- You can engage with the audience on Discord.
We're looking forward to your session and hope you'll have a great experience!
As mentioned, a separate email will follow, which contains the exact time you need to be online during the conference. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.