Running KTX bots
Brief guide to running KTX with the bots enabled.
- Download & install latest ezquake [http://uttergrottan.localghost.net/ezquake/dev/nightlybuilds/win32/] (older versions cannot run KTX)
- Download [https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iD2NsNZNQcK_ERqpMzklAC4lV1VTh4is] - this is nquakesv's ktx folder with KTX updated
- Extract ktxbots into <quakedir>/ktxbots/ (so qwprogs.dll is at <quakedir>/ktxbots/qwprogs.dll)
- git clone https://github.com/meag/ktx
If you want to run mvdsv instead of ezquake, clone mvdsv from https://github.com/meag/mvdsv
(These will become the official versions after feedback from testing)
Launch ezquake, disconnect from any servers, and enter the following at the console:
- /gamedir ktxbots
- /sv_progtype 1
- /sv_progsname qwprogs
- /map povdmm4
- /botcmd addbot
Still a bit messy at times with warning messages etc, but should give you a chance to try the bots out.
Things to try:
- Skill levels go from 0 to 20 - they were recently nerfed, aiming for reasonable but fun challenge at level 10
/botcmd addbot 10, check your LG% accuracy, then play again with
/botcmd addbot 11and see if it drops (hopefully it should).
- Try using
/cl_delay_packetto practice your hpw aim
- When playing the bots in teamplay,
/botcmd fillwill fill the server, bots filling up spaces in the appropriate team
- To add a bot to a particular team, specify the skill level and team name when adding, e.g.
/botcmd addbot 15 blue
- hoonymode2v2, nominate spawns (/team blue or /team red to pick team, then /pickspawn) then play 4 x 3 minute rounds (default) or 10 x 1 minute rounds