NetWorker NMM & Exchange
Basic networker stuff to check.
- Check that forward and reverse lookup works from each of the Exchange nodes
pingfrom client to server
NMM and VSS stuff to check
check output of
nsrsnap_vss_save -v -?
check for snapshots
list shadows all
- If shadow copies exist remove them with
delete shadows all
Unlimit Show Copy size
- Right click on the Computer icon and right click select configure shadow copies
- For each server disk set maximum size to 'no limit'
- Shut down NetWorker services (including the Replication Manager service.
- Rename the NetWorker tmp directory (
C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\tmp)
- Restart NetWorker services
Application Information (environment variables) in the client resource controls a lot of NMM behaviour. Here are some useful settings:
- Application Information
- Preferred server order list
- Comma separated values
- If present controls the DB backup order on each server in the DAG
- control backup of Standalone and Public Folders
- True (default) will include in backup
- False will exclude from backup
- Controls where your backups take place on exchange
- Passive will only back up passive DB copies
- Active will only backup active DB copies
- Preferred will backup passive DB copies first then active DB copies if no passive copy is available