If you're reading this, you probably heard me on the radio, talking about WHOIS accuracy.
- ICANN's WHOIS accuracy program
- ICANN's list of accedited registrars
- Mark Jeftovic's blog post: Unfortunately, we have renewed our ICANN Accreditation
WHOIS lookup services
Tips to avoid getting your domain name suspended
- Be aware that there is a public WHOIS record for each domain you own.
- Check your WHOIS record using one of the sites above, and make sure that the email address and other contact information is still valid.
- If you make any changes to your domain (change your web company, or you update your contact information), watch your inbox very closely, because that's when you will get a verification email.
- Before clicking on a verification link, be very careful that the domain name and details match your registrar's.