Massachusetts covid-19 cases by municipality as of April 14, 2020
This data file is a derivation of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health list of covid-19 cases by city and town, as of 2020-04-14. The original file was provided as a Word doc here, with associated information here.
The Word table was converted into a CSV and joined with geographic identifiers suitable for mapmaking.
- dph_town: original "City/Town" field from Word table
- count: original "Count" field from Word table
- rate: original "Rate*" field from Word table
- count_int: converted "Count" field so that "<5" is rendered as "5"
- magis_town: city/town name from the Mass GIS Community Boundaries data set
- magis_townid: city/town ID from Mass GIS
- geoid: geographic ID derived from Census FIPS
- namelsad: fully qualified Census name
Note from source file
Please note: these are reported cases only. The absence of reported cases in a particular community does not indicate the absence of the virus that causes COVID-19. No community should decrease prevention and mitigation strategies based on these data. *Rate = the number of cases per 100,000 people. This number provides a standardized way to compare the burden of disease in cities and towns regardless of the size of their population.