Culled from NPR/Guardian/Goodreads
- Freedom's daughters : the unsung heroines of the civil rights movement from 1830 to 1970 / by Lynne O
- Hands on the freedom plow : personal accounts by women in SNCC / edited by Faith S. Holsaert ... [et
- Parting the waters : America in the King years, 1954-63 / Taylor Branch.
- Judgment days : Lyndon Baines Johnson, Martin Luther King, Jr., and the laws that changed America / N
- Martin & Malcolm & America : a dream or a nightmare / James H. Cone.
- Ready for revolution : the life and struggles of Stokely Carmichael (Kwame Ture) / Stokely Carmichael
- Toward the African revolution : political essays / Frantz Fanon ; translated from the French by Haako
- Ella Baker & the Black freedom movement : a radical democratic vision / Barbara Ransby.
- The world split open : how the modern women's movement changed America / Ruth Rosen.
- Black against empire : the history and politics of the Black Panther Party / Joshua Bloom and Waldo E
- Revolutionary suicide / Huey P. Newton, with the assistance of J. Herman Blake ; introduction by Fred
- Assata : an autobiography / Assata Shakur ; [forewords by Angela Davis and Lennox S. Hinds]
- If they come in the morning : voices of resistance / Angela Y. Davis ... [et al.]
- In struggle : SNCC and the Black awakening of the 1960s / Clayborne Carson ;
- Women, culture & politics / Angela Y. Davis