- How many keys do you want ie. do you need function keys / cursor arrow keys / numpad?
- Do you like loud clicky keys, bumpy tactile, or linear fast to hit keys?
- Do you want to be able to swap out switches for different ones or mix / match your switches?
- Do you need it to be portable?
- Do you want LED lighting?
- Do you want to program it with macros to be highly custom?
- Do you want USB-c?
- Windows or Mac?
- Do you want split / ergonomic / ortholinear?
- Do you want to use custom / creative keycap sets or keep it OEM?
|# Configure homebrew permissions to allow multiple users on MAC OSX.|
|# Any user from the admin group will be able to manage the homebrew and cask installation on the machine.|
|# allow admins to manage homebrew's local install directory|
|chgrp -R admin /usr/local|
|chmod -R g+w /usr/local|
|# allow admins to homebrew's local cache of formulae and source files|
|chgrp -R admin /Library/Caches/Homebrew|
Benchmarks for GC Compactor
GC benchmarks for trunk vs gc-compact seem to be about the same:
$ make benchmark ITEM=gc ./revision.h unchanged /Users/aaron/.rbenv/shims/ruby --disable=gems -rrubygems -I./benchmark/lib ./benchmark/benchmark-driver/exe/benchmark-driver \ --executables="compare-ruby::/Users/aaron/.rbenv/shims/ruby --disable=gems -I.ext/common --disable-gem" \ --executables="built-ruby::./miniruby -I./lib -I. -I.ext/common -r./prelude --disable-gem" \
Pry Cheat Sheet
pry -r ./config/app_init_file.rb- load your app into a pry session (look at the file loaded by config.ru)
pry -r ./config/environment.rb- load your rails into a pry session
|# Useful to prevent Macbooks to go to sleep when closing the lid instead of running tools that requires a Kernel Extension (e.g. InsomniaX) and more|
|# Before doing anything, save your current configuration using|
|# To disable sleep|
|sudo pmset -a sleep 0; sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0; sudo pmset -a disablesleep 1;|
|# And to go back to normal|
|sudo pmset -a sleep 1; sudo pmset -a hibernatemode [original hibernatemode value]; sudo pmset -a disablesleep 0;|