cerebro is a developer intelligence & engagement product suite which will be built by Gitcoin in Q4 2019.
employers dont need "developers", they need "the right developer for the job".
developers are beautiful unique snowflakes; they have varying skillsets, relationships with technology, reliability & accountability needs, and communication,financial/emotional needs.
we are at the confluence of several megatrends:
- gig economy
- open source
- remote work
that has created a new market niche for p2p jobs.
This market niche
- is new - its only a few years old.
- is still small - blockchain has unlocked the ability to transact p2p in a newly global inventory pool. This niche is still small, but ...
- is growing rapidly + will grow in lockstep with DeFI / blockchain / the gig eoconomy / remote work.
- because of tools like github/gitcoin, it is newly index-able and query-able. if we can get this right, it means no more uploading & managing resumes when developers are searching for jobs!
- is ripe for a market intelligence tool to help to grow faster & more efficiently.
Whomever conquers + defines this market niche will benefit the world handsomely (both in terms of moral/econoimc impact on peoples lives, + professional/economic outcome for the team)!
we (gitcoin) are uniquely positioned to do this because:
- we are native to each of the megatrends
- we have a brand that is considered "hip" to the developer audience.
- unlike our competitors, we build full service tools across the entire developer lifecycle (from awareness to acquisition to activation to landing to retention to referral)
🚢fucking. 🚢execute. 🚢
the goal of cerebro is to make sure that for everyone who comes to gitcoin needing developer attention; we can fulfill the inventory of that order.
the primary KPI for cerebro is “number of developers placed”.
cerebro will be the brand name for the following umbrella of tools.
these tools will all be signed to service the existing product lines by increasing the “number of developers placed” KPI.
MILESTONE 1 - INTERNAL TO GITCOIN
- filtering - search tools on gitcoin - intelligence - intelligence matching on gitcoin - intelligence - inventory statistics + social graph analysis tools
MILESTONE 2 - EXTERNAL TO GITCOIN
- intelligence - external market size statistics + analysis (like https://www.entelo.com/ ) - activation - Codefund ads - on demand inventory creation - activation - interopability with mailchimp/hubspot so gitcoin marketing/consensys catalyst can contact them
MILESTONE 3 - DEEPENING INTEGRATION
- intelligence - feedback from each business unit about success (for hackathons, submit work -- for grants, contribution is made)
The ‘customer’ for this suite of tools is Scott, Alex, Vivek, and Connor. Pushing the KPI up will better enable them to be successful in their role of selling Gitcoin to employers across the space.
our inventory = developers
cerebro will help us
- sort inventory
- generate inventory
- feed inventory to our core businesses (codefund + hackathons)
#Cerebroiscoming to Gitcoin in Q4.