Security and Reliability Engineer
We’re looking for a mid-level SRE, Infrastructure Engineer, DevOps Engineer - whatever your current ops-related title is - to bring their systems knowledge and experience to Threat Stack. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a large-scale system that processes millions of security-related events per second around a team of engineers who prioritize safety and stability at scale.
The Security and Reliability Engineering team at Threat Stack consists of two other kind and deeply technical SREs that report to the Director of Security and Reliability Engineering. You’d be our third team member.
A normal week on this team can include:
- Creating patterns for our engineering team to use to safely and securely deploy new services (and teaching folks how to use those patterns)
- Building out a new Kubernetes infrastructure running on AWS
- Maintaining a variety of existing Terraform and Chef infrastructure running on EC2
- Collaborating with other engineers on OS-level tuning and optimization and release activities
- Occasionally being on-call for the platform in a one-week rotation
- Thinking about problems from an out-of-the-box perspective that safely challenges industry norms
Threat Stack SRE team members have a deep knowledge of Linux and at least 3-5 years experience running some sort of system in production. This doesn’t necessarily mean a SaaS service, but prior SaaS experience is certainly helpful to get a sense of the environment. We're currently hiring for this position in Eastern or Central time zones.
Additionally, candidates on the team thrive when they:
- Are comfortable programming in a interpreted or compiled language
- Many of our tools are written in Ruby or Golang
- Our platform has a lot of Scala. It’s helpful if you know about the JVM, but it’s not required.
- Have a curiosity about the way things work, and have a bias for action when it comes to deploying those things safely.
- Communicate effectively with peers in and outside of engineering, specifically:
- Ensure assumptions and constraints are clarified up front with team members
- Provide proactive updates on priority tasks and blockers
- Demonstrate understanding of personal motivators and empathy towards colleagues.
Threat Stack enables growth-driven companies to scale securely and meet complex cloud security needs by identifying and verifying insider threats, external attacks, and data loss in real time. Purpose-built for today’s infrastructure, the Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform® and Cloud SecOps Program℠ combine continuous security monitoring and risk assessment to empower security and operations teams to better manage risk and compliance across their entire infrastructure, including cloud, hybrid-cloud, multi-cloud, and containerized environments.
At Threat Stack, we’re building a continuous monitoring platform specifically targeted at the challenges of cloud security for elastic infrastructure. Our platform gives our customers deep visibility into their systems’ behaviors and helps to identify potentially anomalous actions of users and processes.