GigaVue 2404 & Other Factory Reset Instructions
Do this when you have lost the root password and all superuser passwords for a GigaVUE 2404 or other models of similar vintage.
Get into RedBoot ROM environment on console serial port via Control-C at boot. Issue reset command to restore factory defaults. Log in using default root password and set a new root password. Then rebuild configurations.
- Towards the left side of slot 1, connect an RJ45 serial cable to the RJ45 "Console" port (it is next to the RJ45 "Mgmt" network port)
- Serial parameters are 115200/8/N/1, no flow control
- Reboot/power on the device. Hit control-C when it mentions RedBoot
- Easiest to tap ^c during boot until the keystroke is captured and the RedBoot prompt comes up and remains
- At the RedBoot> prompt
- Type fconfig rstrtac true
- Answer y when it asks Update RedBoot non-volatile configuration - continue (y/n)?
- Reboot again, and log in as root with the default password (as shown in GigaVUE 2404 Quick Start Guide)
- Login as: root
- Use password: root123A! (Previous models used root123)
- Change the root password to something non-default
- Restore or rebuild necessary configuration and create necessary user accounts