We will be hosting a developer room all day Saturday, February 2nd 2013 at FOSDEM.
Please submit one (or more) 30-40 minute talk proposal(s) OR one (or more) 10 minute lightning talk proposal(s) by 23:59 UTC on December 21st 2012. We will notify all those submitting proposals about their acceptance by the January 6th 2013.
This is the first year for the Testing/Automation dev room at FOSDEM. This room is about creating better software through a focus on testing and automation at all layers of the stack. From creating libraries and end-user applications all the way up to a packaging, distribution and deployment. Testing and automation is not isolated to a single toolchain, language or platform, there is much to learn and share regardless of background!
Since this is the first year we're hosting the Testing and Automation dev room, here are some ideas of what we would like to see. (These are just ideas!)
- Testing best practices
- Case studies on how your open source project has gone from not-so-good to absolutely-great by applying testing best practices (TDD, BDD, ATDD, etc)
- How to test and develop for open source projects (e.g. test-driving KDE projects, ensuring quality of Linux distributions, etc)
- Making the robots do it
- How have you employed automation to work faster and/or with higher quality
- Talk about how your project is automated to make contributors' lives better (and/or on-boarding new contributors)
- Cool Tools (good candidates for lightning talks)
- Explain/demo how your open source tool made developing quality software better
- Combining projects/plugins/tools to build amazing things "Not enough people in the open source community know how to use $X, but here's a tutorial on how to use $X to make your project better."
To submit a talk proposal (you can submit multiple proposals if you'd like) please fill out this form with the necessary information.
Please note: FOSDEM is a FLOSS community event, by and for the community, please ensure your topic is appropriate (i.e. this isn't the right forum for commercial product presentations)