WIP - these bounties are not active yet.
rubenwardy's bountry thread
- Bounties will be paid from my PayPal (UK) account.
- Receivers may forfeit their won bounty, and have it re-added to another bounty.
- A winning solution will be stable and of good quality
- as judged by the core dev team.
- The solution must have been merged into upstream for at least 1 week.
- A winning solution will be licensed under LGPL 2.1
- A winning solution will fulfil all minimum features.
- I reserve the right to:
- withdraw, increase or decrease a bounty, or all bounties, given a 1 week notice period.
- judge whether a solution is acceptable or not. (And has the final say)
- make exceptions to the rules 1 - 6.
Client Side Lua
Description Should be used for AudioVisual effects and client-side-prediction.
- Ability to run callbacks on key presses
- Control of CAOs
- Formspec Replacement (should be very powerful, should have drawLine/Rect/Image/Text/Pixel etc functions)
- HUD Replacement
Description The ability to make, eg, custom eat animations and tool usage animations.
Voxel Area Entities
Description: How cool would it be to build a full-sized boat in Minetest, and then drive it around the ocean?
Related Links: http://dev.minetest.net/TODO#Voxel_Area_Entities
Description: Fast (probably client-side) environmental sounds. The existing mod for this plays a sound with no respect to origin or direction. (so won't work on surround sound) Suggested Minimum Features: (A solution with less of these may still be accepted, at rubenwardy's discretion)
- sounds should be defined by Lua scripts in node definitions.
- clients can opt-out of environmental sounds, in which case they aren't sent to the client.
- sound from large bodies of water.
- sound from falling water (waterfalls).
- sound from moving in water (ideally dynamically generated, so matches the player's velocity).
- sound from being underwater
- sound from grass/leaves/flowers in wind
- sound from moving through grass/leaves/flowers
- sound from wind
- colision sounds
Description: Walls absorb / muffle sounds, sounds can refract or echo.
Bounty: £3 Description: faster particles which can do collision with nodes and cause less FPS reduction than current particles