Please read everything before starting!
- Download OpenSUSE 12.3 32bit, Network edition http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.3/iso/openSUSE-12.3-NET-i586.iso
- I chose 32bit, because Ruby Binary Extensions might have problems with lib64 path structure. We workaround this bug.
- I chose networkinstall, because we need only very few packages and don't need to download everything. only 200MB are downloaded during install
- the image can easily copied to a usb pen drive using the gui tool "imagewriter" (executed as root)
- Partition: There are 2 big hard drives. I created on both of them first a primary pratition of 1GB of type LINUX-RAID