Collaborative inbox using gsuite
- you have paid for Google Workspace (henceforth known as GW) (fka GSuite, fka Google Apps for your Domain) etc https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Workspace
- you turned on google groups for business (go to admin panel for GW See https://support.google.com/a/answer/167096#zippy=%2Cturn-groups-for-business-on-or-off
- Create a Google Group and be its owner. I call this CustomerSupport group (henceforth known as CS).
- Go to groups.google.com to find this new group CS you created.
- Go to members under CS and add members (you can even add members outside the organization).
- Go to Group settings > General under CS.
- Turn on collaborative inbox.
- Now you can assign conversations to yourself and others and mark as done.
- can work even with members outside your organization (so you can save money)
- Has specific mark as done, mark as duplicate, mark as no action needed
- can assign to other members or to yourself so helps with coordination
- you cannot use your favorite email client. you have to use the Google Group UI