Assignment 1 - HealthFinder.gov Mobile Client
HealthFinder is a mobile client app that leverages the HealthFinder API which is maintained by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Time spent: X hours spent in total
The following required functionality is completed:
- User can view a list of health topics returned by an API.
- Poster images load asynchronously using
- User can view a health topic’s details by tapping on a cell.
- User sees loading state while waiting for the API.
- User sees an error message when there is a network error. You can simulate an error by turning off your Simulator’s Wi-Fi (Press CMD+Shift+H to hit the Home button to go to settings)
The following optional features are implemented:
- User can pull to refresh the movie list see tutorial
- Implement a “settings” page where a user can set their age and then pull to refresh the list of topics
- Use UILabel’s
attributedTextproperty to properly display the HTML encoded text SO Post
- Add a search bar that sends a different keyword to the API:
- All images fade in.
- Customize the highlight and selection effect of the cell.
- Customize the navigation bar.
The following additional features are implemented:
- List anything else that you can get done to improve the app functionality!
Here's a walkthrough of implemented user stories:
GIF created with GIPHY Capture.
Describe any challenges encountered while building the app.
Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner] Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.