Getting A Summary of Nonverbal Communication In a Zoom Meeting
For the background to this gist see here: https://devforum.zoom.us/t/getting-meeting-participants-with-raised-hand/10718/9
Here is the solution I had to resort to for getting a list of nonverbal communication from a Zoom meeting.
I have a meeting with 100’s of participants and we wanted to run a simple impromptu “show of hands” poll without using the specific polling feature. All I needed was a list of all the attendees with their hand raised at a certain point in time…
- Join the meeting using the web browser NOT the Zoom client. This requires following the small "Join meeting in browser" link on the meeting joining web page.
- Open up the Participant panel (and then the attendees section if its a webinar)
- Hit F12 (or Ctrl-Shift-I) to get the developer console up
- Paste the code below into the console.
This will list all participants grouped by non-verbal communication (with anyone who has no nonverbal communication active listed in a “The Rest” category). It shows the number in each group in bracktes in the heading of each grouping.
It will also automatically copy the result to the clipboard for you - oh… and it adds the date and time at the top.
Once you have pasted the above code you can re-run it at any point during the meeting by just running this in the console… getNonVerbal();
- THIS IS VERY HACKY.
- I have only tested it in Chrome. YMMV.
- Any changes (by Zoom) to the way that the Zoom interface is laid out or coded will break this.