I'm definitely not looking for work. However to provide some helpful guidance for hiring like-minded engineers, I would only consider working for a company if it met these requirements:
- Concrete, measurable plan to increase the number of women and minorities in engineering roles.
- I would only be willing to interview if there were women/minorities in the interview pool for this position.
- Commitment to using and contributing to open source.
- Collaborative, friendly atmosphere where pair programming is encouraged.
- Meaningful work with clear linkage between work and company goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical business practices, e.g. B corp certification.