- UTC is best practice http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2532729/daylight-saving-time-and-time-zone-best-practices
- DST changes can causes issues with things like opening hours, publication dates on contracts, etc... UTC helps avoid this
- embrace the pattern: UTC on systems and APIs, TZ display in UI/UX and outputs
- integrations with partners, 3rd-party services (think Amazon, Google Cloud computing, pub/sub services, filepicker... all will use UTC)
- you trade "easier to think about" for "subtle bugs and weird test fails" in the future
- people assuming we're standard UTC like the rest of the world might set up servers/services in CEST and be off by an hour (past example: localina!)
- someday you will work for a company that does things outside of Switzerland. You should learn this :)
Why use UTC for DB, APIs, Services... in Switzerland?