Tamedia Digital - Freelance Opportunities
Jeremy Seitz, Tamedia Core Engineering, Oct 2016
About Tamedia Digital and Core Engineering
Tamedia is the company behind many well-known online Swiss brands, such as 20min, Starticket, Ricardo, Doodle, Homegate, and many others. Core Engineering is a small expert tech consulting group that serves these companies, working closely with engineering teams across the company. Through project work, architecture, training, events, and providing resources, we help the companies of Tamedia bring speed and agility to their engineering efforts.
A Growing Freelance Network
One of the functions of Core Engineering is to build relationships with freelancers and tech agencies in Switzerland. We make it easier for freelancers to work with the different companies in Tamedia, through close collaboration, simplifying contract and billing processes, more flexible placement, access to services and resources, and communication with key contacts across the organization.
We're looking for freelance developers to help us with several projects. There are multiple opportunities right now, but we want to build long-term relationships with high-level, experienced people. Our preference is for those that are able work on-site in Zurich or Zug, and are legal to work in Switzerland, although remote work is also possible, depending on the situation.
We're looking for great people who can offer:
- Strong talent in design and user-focused thinking
- Data Visualization capabilities (D3, charts, data exploration)
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Angular 2, Vue.js, etc
- Experience with JS build tools and testing frameworks, CI
- Skills with other languages (C#, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc) is helpful
- UX and Design implementation (styleguides, framework themes)
- Comfortable with tools like Github, Trello, JIRA, Slack
- Good organizational skills
- Current with the latest trends and best practices
- Self-starters who can get things going quickly, but are also great at collaboration
- Active with local CH community (meetups, conferences, organizations, startups)
- Fluent in English for both written and spoken communication, strong in German, French a plus
- Existing GmbH or company on your side, for easier contracts and billing
Get in Touch
Please forward your details - a CV, portfolio, Github repo, LinkedIn profile - to jeremy.seitz(at)tamedia(dot)ch. We will get back to you with a response as soon as possible.