Transfer a Domain Name
- Make sure you have at least 14 days before the domain expires. Leaving a couple of days extra for mishaps is a good idea.
- Remove whois privacy and wait until a
whoison the domain shows the non-private information. Or better yet, don't use whois privacy.
- Unlock domain.
Change nameservers to new registrar.
- Get auth code.
- Make sure email address on account is correct.
- Go to new registrar and request transfer.
- Be sure to accept transfer when you get the email requesting it.