This is a collection of links I've gathered during my time learning about Eris Industries. I spent a couple months learning to be a marmot during the summer of 2015 and this is a small attempt to share what I learned.
While my time as an intern didn't have the outcome I had hoped, I still found a lot of value in working with them. If you find yourself knee deep in marmotology (and the Tao of DAO), may this help you get a head start!
- Full Name: Eris Industries, Ltd.
- Long: Eris Industries
- Short: Eris, or occasionally EI
On The Web
- Eris Launch - YouTube
- Eris: The Distributed Application Software Stack | Hacker News
- Eris — The Dawn of Distributed Autonomous Organizations and The Future of Governance
- Engineering DAPPs | Solidity Part I: An Introduction to Smart Systems of Smart Contracts
- Casey Visits Switzerland. What is Eris? (Part 1 - Design Philosophy)
Articles I often referenced for pulled quotes.
“There are two ways to go about the ‘change the world’ thing: sledgehammer, trying to break down the gate, [or] surreptitiously through a back door. We’re after the latter.”
"The biggest misconception is that we want to build stuff for banks. We're about providing developer tools for anyone and everyone to do whatever they want without our knowledge or consent. We're an open-source company."
The Art of Being a Marmot
- Preston writes a poem about marmots
- Marmot Biology: Sociality, Individual Fitness, and Population Dynamics
Project Douglas / History
The predecessor to the Eris stack was basically a distributed version of reddit written for a contest. Here's a ton of resources from before Eris was officially a thing.
- Eris Industries: Decentralize Any Application or Organization » Brave New Coin
- Eris: The Decentralized Autonomous Organization Platform - YouTube
- Eris: A Blockchain Based Decision Platform - YouTube
- Project Highlight: Project Ðouglas - YouTube
- Dennis McKinnon on Eris and Project Douglas - YouTube
- Legal Approaches to Smart Contract Development - YouTube
- Engineering DAPPs | Smart Contract Writing, LLL and the creation of the Eris Standard Library
- Twitter: Project Douglas (@project_douglas) - Not used anymore, more just historical.
- Github: Project Douglas
- Github: project-douglas/eris - The seed which became a flower, and attracted marmots.
An incomplete list of links I was gathering about my intern project.
- Project Proposal
- Just got my BeagleBone Black. Need accessories. : BeagleBone
- Amazon.com: Exploring BeagleBone: Tools and Techniques for Building with Embedded Linux eBook: Derek Molloy: Kindle Store
- Building a Home Security System with BeagleBone: Bill Pretty: 9781783559602: Amazon.com: Books
Weird, but Cool
These are things that I found interesting, but not nessisarily representitive of Eris as a company.
- The future will be decentralized | Charles Hoskinson | TEDxBermuda
- Foundations of a Programmable Society
- A Brief Introduction to Smart Contracts
- The four pillars of a decentralized society | Johann Gevers | TEDxZug
- Programming Society with Asm: An Introduction to Contract Development within Ethereum - YouTube
- Bitcoin: It’s the platform, not the currency, stupid!