GSOC-2017 Work Product Submission, FOSSASIA
Student: Vibhor Verma
Github Handle: @vibhcool
Project: Add more harvester to loklak server
This summer, I contributed to FOSSASIA organization with my peer-developers in Loklak projects like Loklak Server and Loklak Scraper JS. I also engaged in Loklak Search, Loklak Wok and Loklak Apps projects in review process and discussions.
I contributed primarily in Loklak Server to set up multiscraper system for the web-scrapers. This task included:
- Add BaseScraper as the abstract class for the web-scrapers.
- Add Post object as generic message holder for all results scraped by web scrapers
- Create iterator object based on existing iterator Timeline
- Configure SearchServlet to set up multiscraper system.
- Index the results scraped by webscrapers and fetch them from cache. The related PR to this change is currently in review process.
Other tasks in Loklak Server included:
- To add filter for TwitterScraper
- Kubernetes deployment of Loklak Server with Nginx Ingress Controller and Kube-Lego for SSL encryption.
- Refactoring of existing code to improve code quality.
- Set up Testing framework for Loklak Server.
- Code Repository: https://github.com/loklak/loklak_server
- Project Link: https://api.loklak.org/
- Pull Requests
- Deployed Link: GCloud link , Bluemix