This tutorial came out of many frustrating google searches trying to find a decent end-to-end boilerplate example of incorporating React as the view component in Backbone. The three components I wanted in a tutorial were:
- Build something more than a single page TODO
- Involved routing and controllers
- Included a build process using a modern build tool
- Optimization and source-mapping
- Done in an organized manner with descriptive naming patterns
What we'll be building in this tutorial is a basic blog viewer. The source can be found here and the finished product can be found here. When complete, we'll be able to write the blog post in markdown in a gist with the title starting with a key word (ex. @post Here's My Post Title!) and display it in all its html glory.
So let's get started.