- In general, binaries built just for x86 architecture will automatically be run in x86 mode
- You can force apps in Rosetta 2 / x86 mode by right-clicking app, click Get Info, check "Open using Rosetta"
- You can force command-line apps by prefixing with
arch -x86_64, for example
arch -x86_64 go
- Running a shell in this mode means you don't have to prefix commands:
arch -x86_64 zshthen
- Don't just immediately install Homebrew as usual. It should most likely be installed in x86 mode.
Not all toolchains and libraries properly support M1 arm64 chips just yet. Although